Service Desk Technician
MIS Choice is a leading IT Solutions provider based in the Chicagoland area that offers national and global reach to our customers. MIS provides cutting edge solutions to our clients in the areas of full IT outsourcing, professional services, hosting, and customized application development.
We are looking for someone who is interested in starting a career with a fast growing company and helping contribute to the growth and success of the team. Please take some time to learn more about our company and product offering prior to applying. Be sure to connect with us on Social Media.
MIS is seeking a Service Desk Technician who is responsible for providing remote and onsite help-desk support to end users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP or MCSA, Citrix CCA, Cisco CENT, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
MIS offers competitive pay commiserate with experience, paid-time-off, health and dental insurance, performance bonuses, profit sharing, discounted technology purchases and much more.